While using the program Silver Trumpets, it can be necessary to add someone to the contacts, or to authorize a contact to connect. Contacts can be managed using the control panel.
Click the button to open the control panel.
Add a new contact (family)
On the panel 'Contacts' new contacts (families) can be added.
- Family: Enter the name of the family here. This name will be shown in the program when they make a connection.
- Telephone: Enter the phonenumber that the family will use to connect to the Kingdom Hall. This field is required, because it will identify the connection everywhere in the program. When a family does not have a telephone number, and they want to connect only via the internet, a fictive but unique phonenulber should be filled in.To enable Silver Trumpets to automatically determine who is calling, the phonenumber should be given in the caller id format that it is used by the local telephone provider (for WeePee in Belgium, this is the local number format brockets, dashes or slashes, for example 012223344).
- Caller ID: This field is optional and needs to be filled out when the phonenumber is not entered in the local caller id format.
- VoIP name: To enable the family to make a direct VoIP connection (via internet), this field should be filled out and used as username in the 'Kingdom Hall Meeting Client' software, the 'HomeConnect' website or SIP client.
- VoIP password: To enable the family to make a direct VoIP connection (via internet), this field should be filled out and used as password in the 'Kingdom Hall Meeting Client' software, the 'HomeConnect' website or SIP client.
- Authorized: Only when this field is checked, a family can connect and listen to the meeting.This option can be changed anytime, according to the needs (for example: a family is entered in the contacts, but the authorization flag is not set. When someone of the family is ill and wants to connect from home, then this field can be checked. The change is effective immediately, so the ill person can connect immediately to the meeting.) It can be easy to enter all the families of the congregation in the system, without checking the authorization option, then it will be only necessary to check this option, when someone is ill.
- Firstname, Surname: Till eight family member names can be entered in the fields firstname and surname. The first name correspends with the button 1 that needs to be entered on the phone to raise the hand, for the second name the button 2 needs to be used, and so on...
- Save: When all the information for the family is entered, click the button with the 'V' icon to save it to the database.
After a family has bee entered and saved, a new empty 'Contact' form is displayed and the next family can be added.
To change or remove a contact
Select the panel ‘Contacts’. Open the drop down box that is located under 'Modify family' label. area, and choose the family that you want to change or remove.
Choose the family that you want to change or remove.
Now the details or authorization for the family can be changed and saved with the 'V' button. To remove the family, the 'Trash' button can be used.